The Family Support Program is a community and home based service in which the parents are the chief decision makers.
The program is a family centered program with the goal to develop a support system that is based upon the strengths and needs of the families. We assist individual family members with developing and maintaining a sense of responsibility, motivation, commitment and independence. We assist the family with coordinating health, educational and social services within the community. We assist families in accessing community programs, i.e., leisure, education, parenting, etc.
We work with families to:
- Enhance communication skills
- Promote healthy lifestyle
- Child care skills development
- Accessing community resources
- Prenatal and postnatal care
- Development of support networks
- Maintain and increase parenting skills
- Facilitating transitions and establish routines
- Gathering and interpreting resource information
- Crisis intervention as required
- Managing behaviour
- Advocating for their families
- Self care strategies
Employees are aware of and respect family lifestyle and culture. Confidentiality will be respected in all matters.
How to access this Service:
Families need to be referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development – Children and Youth with Special Needs, call: 250-565-6904