If you want to help right Now!…
One time gift
Many individuals choose to help AiMHi by making a one-time financial gift that fits their budget. A gift of any amount is sincerely appreciated and will be acknowledged and recognized. So, whether you want to make a gift to AiMHi of $5.00, $50.00, $500.00 or $5000.00 or any other amount that you are comfortable giving, you can do so by using the donate button below.
Also… There are a large number of people who choose to help by committing to making a gift, in any amount comfortable to them, each month. You can arrange to make your monthly gift by simply clicking on a subscription link below.
Corporate sponsorships are greatly appreciated. If you own or manage a business and want to support the work of AiMHi in your community we will sincerely appreciate the gift of your choice. Your financial gift or your gift of product or services will help AiMHi help people in your community. And, of course, we will provide appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of your corporate support in a manner acceptable to you. For more information please contact: email@example.com
If you want to help forever!…
If you are interested in making a difference forever, we can help you plan to create a Legacy Gift that enables you to make the difference you want to make—Forever!
You can donate a significant Legacy Gift whether you are a person of average or modest financial resources and certainly you can create a Legacy Gift if you are a person with substantial financial and property assets. The first step is a decision to do so followed by careful planning.
Want to know more…Why would you leave a Legacy Gift?
You have family or friends and you want to know that they will continue to receive ongoing quality care and support.
You want to ensure that all people are valued and included.
And, you know and trust AiMHi because AiMHi has been a valued part of the fabric of our community for almost 60 years, since 1957, ensuring that people with developmental disabilities and their families receive the services they need to experience life to its fullest potential.
With your legacy gift, you become our partner in a commitment to deliver the kind of quality services you want to ensure are sustainably available because that means you are helping create a bright future for people with developmental disabilities.
Depending on how you plan the timing of your gift your actions can provide taxation benefits to you as the donor during your lifetime or to your estate in the year the assets are gifted.
In addition, you get the satisfaction of clearly communicating your philanthropic goals and being part of organizing how your gift will make a difference in the lives of people in the future.
In the planning process you will choose which of many possible ways to create a legacy that works best for you and your family.
There are many ways to create your Legacy:
- You can stipulate in your will that a portion of your estate is to be used to create your planned Legacy.
- You can assign existing Life Insurance policies or create new Life insurance policies to fund your Legacy.
- You may wish to give all or some portion of your real estate holdings to your Legacy. (That lakeside cabin?)
- Existing annuities might be transferred to your Legacy.
- You may have accumulated cash or securities that you can transfer now or later to your Legacy based on your needs.
- If you have RRSP’s or RRIF’s there may be significant tax benefits in placing all or part of them into your Legacy.
- You might simply allocate a portion of your assets through your Will to suit yourself and your family, with instructions that any remaining assets be placed in your Legacy.
All of these options are best discussed with your trusted financial adviser. If you do not have one we can provide an introduction to qualified, independent professionals practicing in our community. If you wish you can meet one of them by attending one of our scheduled information workshops.
You should also consult with a qualified professional, such as your financial advisor, estate planner or accountant. They will be able to explain the various options available to you in order for you to make informed decisions. It is essential that you have quality independent professional advice to ensure that you consider all of your personal needs during your lifetime as well as explore all taxation benefits.
You will also want to ensure that you have made provisions in any way you choose to for members of your family as you prepare your will and make plans for leaving a Legacy Gift. Your advisor will help you do this.
Please know, that you do not have to tell AiMHi of your plan to create a Legacy Gift for AiMHi, or any of the details; that is entirely up to you.
If you wish to be recognized for your gift clearly you need to tell us. Again, that is entirely up to you.We will help as much as you want us to.
Thank you for considering the idea of creating a Legacy Gift for AiMHi.
If you choose to create a legacy gift you not only help AiMHi financially, you also ensure that the organization remains vibrant and continues to offer people with developmental difficulties dynamic opportunities to exercise their right to lead full lives for decades to come.
It is equally important that you feel that you are doing something that is of great interest to you; that contributes to your personal sense of having made a difference in your community for people you care about.
Donate through we-care.com
AiMHi – Prince George Association for Community Living have a trusted partnership with We-Care.com. Your purchase through this site helps us provide services to approximately 700 people.
Visit the we-care site here: aimhi.we-care.com
Raise Money by Selling Unwanted Clothing!
AiMHi collects and sells clothing and household items to Value Village.
Now AiMHi wants to share the opportunity with your Community Group!
We will pay $1.00 for every large bag of clothing your community group collects. Note: a large garbage bag is approximately 26 x 36 inches, and a weight of 15 to 20 pounds.
How It Works
- Set your pick-up date and location
- Plan your clothing drive
- Collect clothes
- AiMHi picks up bags of clothing on agreed date and location
- AiMHi pays you $1.00 for each bag
Example of Acceptable Items for Donation
- Clothing for men, women and children
- Accessories (belts, hats, scarves)
- Purses, wallets, backpacks and bags
- Shoes and boots
- Towels, tablecloths, curtains and linens
- Under garments, nylons and socks
- Blankets, bedding and pillows
Where Does the Money Go?
When items are picked up, AiMHi ‘Common Goods’ program sells them to Value Village stores, offering low income families inexpensive options, with profits going toward AiMHi programs.
The profit from the sale of donated items benefits adults and children who have disabilities. We use the funds to enhance existing employment programs, as well as further develop our programs to meet the changing needs of people. In other words, your donations help us support people to have better lives.
How to Get Started?
Call 250-564-6408 ext 297.
AiMHi’s Common Goods Program
With one phone call we will pick up your unwanted goods from your home!
Contact us and we will pick up your donations. All you have to do is place your donations out on your driveway!
Not only do your donations translate into funds for much needed services, but it provides employment opportunities for people who have special needs!
Our message is simple – donating means recycling reusable items and helping AiMHi at the same time. It really is a win – win situation.
- Long Sleeve Shirts
- Active Sportswear
- Shoes & Boots for the Family
- Bed and Bath Linens
- Home Décor, Housewares and Small Electrics
Where can you find a Donation Bin?
- Canadian Tire (5008 Domano BLVD)
- College Heights Transfer Station (6556 Broddy RD, By Fire Dept)
- Our Saviours Lutheran Church (3590 Dufferin Ave)
- First Baptist Church (438 Gillet St)
- AiMHi (950 Kerry Street)
- Pentecostal Church (497 Ospika BLVD)
- BonVoyage Plaza (4222 Hwy 16 W)
- Andre’s Electronics (2591 Vance RD)
- College Heights Baptist Church (5401 Moriarty Cr)
- Gurudwara Sahib Guru (4298 Davis Rd)
- Game Quest (4158 Cowart RD)
- PGI (7550 Hart HWY)
- Jolley Market Foods (4653 HWY 16 W)
- Mr G (3652 Austin Rd. Hart HWY, In back by Recycling bins)
- Hart Drugs (6707 Dagg RD)
- Hart Crown Hall (3955 Hart Hwy)
- Hartland Baptist Church (3599 Driftwood)
- Christ our Savior Church (4514 Austin Rd W)
- Nechako Market (5100 North Nechako Rd)
- College Heights 2 for 1 Pizza (7088 Domano Blvd)
- Guru Sikh Temple (443 Kelly St. South)
- Quinn St. Transfer station (1687 Quinn St)
- Blackburn Community Hall (2451 Blackburn Rd S)
- Pineview Rec Center (6470 Bendixon Rd)
- Parkwood Place (1600 -15th Ave)
- BC Schizophrenia Society (1117 6th Ave)
- PG Dynamics (2534 Queensway)
- Northern Appliance Center (101 Queensway)
- Central Fellowship Baptist Church (2840 Clapperton St.)
The Heart of AiMHi is you!
You can become a volunteer in several capacities
- Become a member of AiMHi
- Working Committees
- Fundraising Committee
- Accreditation Committees
- Become involved in our community events
- AiMHi needs the help of dedicated volunteers like you when hosting events
We value our close community connections and we look forward to working with you.
Together we can make a difference.