Highlight any text on the page to convert it to speech.


What Do I Do if I Have a Problem or Concern?

AiMHi knows that a person, family member, or Guardians may have a complaint about the way we do things.

If you have a problem or concern with the services we provide, this is what you can do:

  1. Talk to the Manager.
  2. If you are not happy with how the problem was solved, you can have someone help you write down your concern.
    The Self-Advocate Peer Advisor might be able to help you with this. Give the written concern to a Program Director.
  3. A Program Director will talk to everyone involved.
  4. A Program Director will give you an answer in writing or meet with you within 5 working days. If you are not happy with the help you got; you can ask the Program Director to take it to the Executive Directors. The Executive Director will meet with you within 5 working days.
  5. You will not get in trouble for speaking up and raising your concern. We need to know how to help you.

If your concern is about a policy of AiMHi’s, the Executive Director will take your concern to the Executive Committee.

If your concern is about our service, the Executive Director will take your concern to Community Living British Columbia.

The Executive Committee will tell you about the decision after the next time they meet. This will be the final decision.

If you are not happy with final decision, we will help you in contacting someone who can help you more. It may be one, or more of the following:

  • A Facilitator for Community Living British Columbia.
  • The Child, Youth and Family Advocate
  • The Children’s Commission
  • Ombudsman
  • The Information and Privacy Commissioner
  • Community Care Licensing Officer
  • Service Quality Advocate for Adults