Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to register or call 250-564-6408 ext. 311
- This event has passed.
Change Matters Workshop II
February 18 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Feb 25, 2020
DESCRIPTION: This workshop is a one year program. It runs weekly every Tuesdays and Friday starting on January 14th 2020 from 3:00-4:30pm at Trinity United Church 3,555 5thAvenue corner of Union Street and ends December 15th 2020. The cost of registration is $20/-and will go towards the T-Shirt for all participants.
COURSE OBJECTIVE: This course will help you learn how to change some long held- sabotaging beliefs. Teach you principles for change, and everything you need to know to help yourself make significant changes in your life. How change matters to families, friends, and also contributes to the community. To develop key attitudes such as responsibility, self-acceptance, as well as essential skills such as self-control and adaptive thinking. Integrate RUN, JUMP, THROW, developed by athletics Canada modified version, to suit people whom we support, motivating them to adapt active lifestyle. Extracting key principles from incredible success stories shared by guest speakers, and from other professionals from UNHBC and other agencies.
- Attend weekly workshop on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Meet expectations as much as possible
- Fill out Action Plan
- Develop weight loss strategies to improve health.
- Incorporate exercise as part of one’s daily lifestyle
- Educate healthy eating and nutritional awareness.
- Participate in discussion time.
- Stay motivated. Develop a plan
- Reassess goals every quarterly.
- Identify potential roadblocks.