AiMHi recognizes that on occasion an individual, parent or guardian may have cause for a grievance or complaint relating to a matter of Association policy or quality of services. Under such circumstances, grievance procedures will be implemented as outlined below.
- An individual, parent or guardian will discuss the complaint with the appropriate manager/director concerned. It is anticipated that most complaints, differences or allegations will be satisfactorily resolved in this informal manner.
- Should an individual, parent or guardian continue to be dissatisfied, it will be necessary to submit the complaint in writing to the Executive Director, or designate.
- The Executive Director, or designate, with the assistance of all persons concerned, will investigate the circumstances.
- The Executive Director, or designate will give a written decision within 5 working days. If the individual wishes to pursue the complaint further, the Executive Director will then be advised by the individual within 5 working days after the decision of the Executive Director.
If the Grievance relates to a policy of the Association, the Executive Director will forward the complaint to the Executive Committee.
If the Grievance relates to a service issue, the Executive Director shall forward the complaint to the funding ministry.
- The Executive Committee will hand down a decision within 5 days of the regularly scheduled Executive Committee meeting and such a decision will be final.
- If you are not satisfied with the final decision, AiMHi personnel will assist you in contacting relevant authorities,including but not limited to:
- the CLBC/MCFD Representative;
- the Child, Youth and Family Advocate;
- the Ombudsman;
- the Children’s Commission;
- the information and Privacy Commission;
- the local Licensing Officer;
- Service Quality Advocate