Self-Advocate Peer Advisor
The Self-Advocate Peer Advisor coordinates, supports and develops AiMHi’s self-advocacy programs and assists with individual advocacy situations.
The Self-Advocate Peer Advisor:
- Provides support to the Prince George Self-Advocacy Caucus
- Assists in the ongoing production of the AiMHi Family Newsletter
- Assists in the development of self-advocacy materials, i.e. plain language
- Assists with bringing self-advocates together and provides support to AiMHi members and others in their self-advocacy work
- Assists with the development and delivery of self-advocacy workshops
- Assists with appointments of self-advocates to internal/external committees, groups and functions
- Gathers and shares information on self-advocacy with interested individuals
- Orders and maintains pamphlets and brochures
For more information please contact our Self-Advocate Peer Advisor Penny Soderena-Sutton at:
Phone: 250-564-6408 extension 246
Everyone at AiMHi will work with you to make your life as good as it can be.
Prince George Self-Advocates Caucus Philosophy and Objectives
You have rights.
You have feelings.
You have things you need.
You are just like anyone else.
AiMHi will help you to get what you need to be healthy.
We will help you to learn things you need to know.
We will help you to be with your friends.
We will help you to feel good about yourself.
We will help you to develop your strengths.
Staff will help you to live where you want to live.
We will help you to live a normal life.
You have the right to be free of worries.
We will teach you how to keep your rights.
AiMHi’s Code of Ethical Conduct
Treat others kindly.
Everyone has rights.
Everyone should be treated to same.
Everyone should be treated fair.
You have the right to have your information private.
Every victory is important.
We will take time to get to know you.
Everyone’s time is important.
Friendships and families are important
We help you to keep these relationships.
What you believe in is important.
Speak in nice words about others.
Be happy about our job.
Follow AiMHi policies.
Be happy and have fun.
An advocate is someone who will help you to speak and be heard.
A peer advisor is someone you have something in common with.
A peer advisor can be an advocate for you.
A peer advisor has been hired by AiMHi to assist other people.
You can call the Peer Advisor at AiMHi’s Main Office 250-564-6408 ext. 224.
Prince George Caucus
This group helps you to speak about your rights.
Everyone works together.
The Caucus helps you to make changes in your life.
As a member of the Caucus you make friends and have fun!
The Prince George Caucus meets once a month at the Main Office, everyone is welcome to join.
For more information call 250-564-6408 ext. 246
“We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia”